The holiday season is among us! Christmas music is already being played on the radio! Here is a quick list of my absolute favorite holiday movies! I have to watch these at least once per season (probably way more)!
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)
Enjoy Kevin’s journey of getting separated from his family in the airport on their way to a family holiday trip to Miami. Kevin ends up in New York and gets himself into trouble!
Polar Express (2004)
Enjoy the ride on the Polar Express, the train full of hopes and holiday wishes!
The Grinch (2000)
Whoville is shaken up when the Grinch is named Holiday Cheermiester!
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
Charlie Brown and the gang find the true meaning of Christmas while looking for the perfect Christmas tree!
Almost Christmas (2016)
Bringing family together for the holidays can either go really good or really bad, and this family’s holiday turns out somewhere in between!
What are your favorite holiday movies!? Let me know in the comments!
A: My dream summer vacation is to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I look forward to waking up to the beautiful beach, white sand, blue water, and blue skies! When I go I want to stay for at least a week to enjoy everything this fabulous getaway has to offer. I always jump at any opportunity to travel and experience new culture, but this would be the ultimate voyage for me!
As you can tell from my past couple of posts, I am obviously ready to tackle this summer!I wrote about some interesting things to do around Chicago, but now let’s get down to date night/day. There is nothing better to me than getting out, and enjoying the sunshine with my “Babycakes.” These dates are sure to get you out and moving and spending little to no money, while spending time and enjoying your significant others company. Enjoy!
Picnic: Grab a sandwich, a blanket, and find a good spot to sit and soak up some sun. One of my personal favorite spots for a picnic is near the Adler Planetarium. There is a perfect view of the City of Chicago that is beautiful at dusk.
Beach: Heading to the beach is a relaxing way to cool off from the summer heat. My go to beach is Ohio Street beach. Chicago is filled with beaches. Although there are no palm tress, you are still guaranteed to have a good time. You can find them here http://www.cpdbeaches.com/home.cfm.
3. Waterpark: You are never too old to go down a water slide. Waterparks have always been one of my favorite summer activities, not only do I get a change to get on water rides, but the concession stands are usually bomb!
5. Fireworks: Fireworks are a must see for me every summer, and not only on the Fourth of July. Many local towns have fireworks displays throughout the summer. Even better, Navy Pier has several displays as well. You can find the info here, https://navypier.com/fireworks/.
And for good measure, I’ll throw in an extra one! The Chicago Botanic Garden is a beautiful place to stroll and enjoy nature. Its the perfect backdrop to create beautiful memories and pictures! Happy dating & let me know in the comments about your ideal summer dates!
It is finally that time! No coats, sandals, and shorts! One of the many disadvantages of living in the midwest for me, is winter and snow. The older I get, the more I hate it! So the fact that #SummerTimeChi is literally just weeks away has me grinning from ear to ear! It’s time to blast Summertime by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff and especially Roy Ayers Everybody Loves the Sunshine. To channel my excitement, I have started planning some summer activities and events to get the most out of the sunshine and warmth!
Chicago Blues Festival June 9-11, 2017 : Every year Chicago does multiple music festivals including jazz, blues, gospel, and more. Every year I plan to attend one of the festivals and I never do, but this is the year I am making it happen. And to top it off these festivals are always free! So pack a blanket some snacks and head to Millenium Park alone, with your signifigant other, or a group of friends, and enjoy the music and breeze!
2. Chicago SummerDance June 23-September 10, 2017 : Like the music festivals, every year I happen to be downtown and I see so many smiling and laughing faces dancing in the park. But, this is the year I am going to put on my dancing shoes and become apart of the fun. The live music, food vendors, and variety of culture makes this event not only something fun to do but a cultural learning event and experience. Did I mention it’s free?!
3. The Internet Concert at The House of Vans June 29, 2017: If you love the song Girlor the album Ego Death as much as I do, then you may be interested in catching the group The Internet for free at the House of Vans. The House of Vans is hosting a summer concert series. Check out who else will be on their lineup!
4. Chicago Food Truck Festival June 24 & 25, 2017: Although this event requires a ticket, and a bit of money, it will be well worth it. I attended last year and I was introduced to so many new types of foods and desserts! I gurantee you will find a truck that has exactly what you want. The variety is uncontested. So grab some friends and take a stroll through this food heaven. Last year my favorite truck was, the Cajun Connoisseur.