It’s hard to believe that in less than two weeks I will be 25 years old. As a child I always thought being an adult was filled with glitz and glamour…unfortunately thats not exactly true. Moments of adulthood are absolutely glamour filled, but as a whole, not so much. So in honor of my age milestone, here’s 25 things I have learned throughout my journey thus far. Cheers!
1.Some friends are in your life for only a season, and you have to be ok with that.
2.Others are for life.
3.When a friend shows you they are not dependable, STOP depending on them.
4. Just because you would handle a certain situation one way, does not mean everyone will handle it the same way.
5. Even though you get busier, still MAKE time for your friends.
School, College, and Graduate School
6.Pick a major in college that you enjoy AND will make you marketable.
7.College debt is almost inevitable.
8. College is the best time in life, allows you to be careless, and selfish.
9.ALWAYS eat before drinking.
10. Pick a Graduate program according to what makes you happy.
11. The library is your friend.
12. Sometimes it’s better to quit, than be miserable.
13. Find a mentor, therapist, or JESUS!… Actually all 3.
14. Stay focused on what YOU want for YOUR life.
15. Eliminate any and all distractions that are keeping you from reaching your goals.
16. Set goals for yourself and always plan ahead.
17.Have good time management and balance.
18.It’s ok to say…NO.
19. It’s not ok to be petty all the time…
20. Eating fast food all the time will eventually catch up with you.
21. If a relationship is not MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL, walk away.
22. Being bitter does nothing but make you unattractive.
23.Forgiveness is important for peace and happiness.
24. Always seek more knowledge…READ!
25. Appreciate yourself, and others in your life, because tomorrow is promised for no one.